Subject: ARP mediation to working group draft

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:54:41 -0500

Based on Vach's comments in the L2VPN meeting, I would like to request that 
draft-shah-ppvpn-arp-mediation-03.txt become a l2vpn WG draft.  That'll 
also get it back into the I-D directory. :-)

Thanks,
Andy

---

From: Mustapha Aissaoui <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:22:19 -0500

Andy,
I have the following comment on this draft. Section 4.2 does not
seem to be right. An ethernet attached CE cannot discover the IP
address of the remote CE using an ARP request since it does not know
this very IP address. Instead, it can make its own IP address known
to the PE by broadcasting a gratuitous ARP. The PE can also make the
learned IP address of the remote CE known by also generating a
gratuitous ARP associating the remote IP address with its own MAC
address.

Mustapha.
-------------