Subject: Unqualified Learning Question?

From: "Hawthorne, Austin J [IT]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:23:26 -0500

I have a question about section 8.1.1 of draft-ietf-ppvpn-vpls-ldp-01.txt,
specifically this text:

"In unqualified learning, all the customer VLANs are handled by a single
VPLS, which means they all share a single broadcast domain and a single MAC
address space."

Does that imply that in unqualified learning, multiple VLANs from the same
VPLS instance will be bridged together in a single broadcast domain? 

Thanks, 

Austin

---

From: "Marc Lasserre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 20:50:41 +0100

Austin,

No, it does not imply that VLANs are bridged together. What it means is that
there is
a single VPLS broadcast domain used to carry traffic from different VLANs
belonging
to a specific a customer VPN.

Marc