Subject: "colored pools" in draft-ietf-l2vpn-signaling-01

From: "Dror Caspi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:29:34 +0200

Hi,

In the new draft of "Provisioning Models and Endpoint Identifiers in L2VPN Signaling", it is not clear to me what is the actual usage envisioned for "Colored Pools" discussed in section 3.3.  Could anyone please explain?

Thanks

Dror

---

From: "Eric Gray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:49:30 -0500

Section 3.3.1 gives a fairly comprehensive description of what
the authors mean by "colored pool". Perhaps you could be more
specific about the points that are not clear?

By the way, my pointing this out does not imply my own complete
understanding of their description. For example, I do not know
how they intend to ensure "global uniqueness" of the combination
of "color" and "pool identifier" and - from the description - I
am not sure they even mean "global uniqueness"...

--
Eric

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Dror Caspi
> Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2004 11:30 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: "colored pools" in draft-ietf-l2vpn-signaling-01
> 
> Hi,
> 
> In the new draft of "Provisioning Models and Endpoint Identifiers in
L2VPN Signaling", it is not
> clear to me what is the actual usage envisioned for "Colored Pools"
discussed in section 3.3.  Could
> anyone please explain?