Subject: draft-aissaoui-l2vpn-vpws-iw-oam-02.txt

From: Mustapha Aissaoui <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:50:11 -0500

All,
this draft specifies the procedures for OAM interworking for
heterogeneous VPWS such as IP L2 interworking (arp-mediation),
FR-ATM interworking, and Ethernet interworking. This draft
complements draft-ietf-pwe3-oam-msg-map-01.txt, which covers the
homogeneous VPWS.

We have made an update to this draft to reflect the outstanding
issues I listed in the San-Diego presentation. Specifically:

Issue 1: 
Defect loop operation. Single emulated end-to-end loop versus
multiple coupled loops.
Response: after a discussion with Dave Allan, we settled on a
modified "coupled loop" model which we believe works in all
scenarios addressed in the draft. 

Issue 2: 
Action over a ATM AC as a result of a PE receiving a PW defect 
indication for a defect in the PW transmit direction or in the
remote PE “AC transmit” direction. Should the PE generate a AIS (as
stated in the draft) or a RDI?
Response: Dave Allan provided an analysis of the defects for all
scenarios in the draft and we have now an agreement to treat a
received RDI as a separate fault. This is reflected in this
revision.

Issue 3: 
Check the behavior in the case of L2TPv3 PSN.
Response: updated L2TPv3 based PW defect handling using StopCCN and
CDN 
messages. This is based on a discussion with Mark Townsley in
San-Diego.

We would like to request comments from the mailing list.

Thank you.
Mustapha. 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aissaoui-l2vpn-vpws-iw-oam-02.txt