Subject: IEEE 802.1 WG liaison letter to the IETF

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:55:41 +0300

The IEEE 802.1 Working Group approved the following liaison letter to
the IETF, containing clarifications in response to several queries
related to the use of IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tags. 

http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/public/docs2006/liaison-contrib-to-ietf-m
ef-dsl-forum-0706.pdf
 
Please distribute this letter to the interested Working Groups that are
not included in the distribution list. 

Dan
(wearing the hat of IEEE 802.1 WG liaison to the IETF)

---

From: "Vach Kompella" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:04:37 -0700

There is a new liaison from the IEEE 802.1 group governing the use of
VLAN IDs.  An interesting discussion has begun on the CCAMP WG mailing
list, and will be continued on the GELS mailing list.  Please chime in
with comments if you have to.  But, in the interest of all WGs
concerned, can we have the discussion on the GELS mailing list only?

The liaison letter can be found here:
http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/public/docs2006/liaison-contrib-to-ietf-m
ef-dsl-forum-0706.pdf, and will find its way to the IETF liaison page at
some point.

Dan Romascanu is the IETF's IEEE liaison for 802.3.  You can find his
contact information on the IETF Liaison page:
http://www.ietf.org/liaisonActivities.html.

Thanks.

Vach & Shane