Subject: RFC 4665 on Service Requirements for Layer 2 Provider-Provisioned Virtual Private Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:25:27 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4665

        Title:      Service Requirements for Layer 2 
                    Provider-Provisioned Virtual Private Networks 
        Author:     W. Augustyn, Ed.,
                    Y. Serbest, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 68972
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2vpn-requirements-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4665.txt

This document provides requirements for Layer 2 Provider-Provisioned
Virtual Private Networks (L2VPNs).  It first provides taxonomy and
terminology and states generic and general service requirements.  It
covers point-to-point VPNs, referred to as Virtual Private Wire
Service (VPWS), as well as multipoint-to-multipoint VPNs, also known
as Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS).  Detailed requirements are
expressed from both a customer as well as a service provider perspectives. 
This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...