Subject: Subject: draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-02

From: "Cheng, George" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:26:11 +0100

Hi Shane,

Flag Telecom has been offering L2VPN service to customers for over 5 years
now using the Kompella draft, and we have developed our OSS system
supporting it. Customer asks us about our L2VPN implementation all the time
and we would like to be able to say our implementation is an IETF standard
in the future. In addition, I believe the Kompella draft is superior that
the other draft technically, therefore I would certainly like to see it
being standardized in IETF following the standard track instead of ending up
as informational RFC.

============

George Cheng

Chief Network Architect

Flag Telecom (www.flagtelecom.com)

[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----

From: Shane Amante [mailto:[email-masked]]

Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 12:27 PM

To: [email-masked]

Subject: draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-02

I was approached by several people outside the hallway just after the

L2VPN WG meeting expressing confusion over a poll in the room about

making this draft a WG document, in particular over the 'Intended

Status' of this WG draft, e.g.: Informational or Standards Track.

Unfortunately, we were abruptly cut off after running over our time at

the end of the meeting, in order so they could convert the room over for

the IETF plenary session, so I didn't have time to clarify it.  So, my

apologies for the confusion.

Let me now ask a hopefully more precise question here: How many people

are in favor of making the aforementioned draft a WG draft *if* the

'Intended Status' is Standards Track?

Thanks,

-shane

**********************************************************************
This e-mail message is confidential and is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above and contains information which is or may be
confidential, non-public or legally privileged. Any dissemination or
distribution of this message other than to its intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose 
the contents to any other person. If you have received this message in error, please
notify us by email to [email-masked] immediately and delete the
original message and all copies from all locations in your computer systems.

This e-mail has been swept by Mailsweeper TM for viruses. However, FLAG
Telecom cannot accept liability for any damage which you may sustain as a
result of software viruses.
**********************************************************************

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - www.mailcontrol.com