Subject: Notification for draft-stokes-l2vpn-cfm-vccv-oam-00.txt

From: Olen Stokes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 08:41:58 -0800

The subject draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
It has been submitted to the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group.

Title    : OAM for L2 VPN Networks Using CFM and VCCV 
Author(s): O. Stokes, S. Amamte, P. Dutta, Y. Serbest
Filename : draft-stokes-l2vpn-cfm-vccv-oam-00.txt
Pages    : 26
Date     : 2007-11-05

Abstract

   The IEEE has defined P802.1ag Connectivity Fault Management (CFM) for
managing
   bridged LAN networks.  The IETF has defined L2 Virtual Private Networks
(VPNs)
   that provide an emulated LAN service for such bridged networks.  These L2
VPNs are
   created using a collection of one or more point-to-point pseudo wires
(PWs).  The
   IETF has also defined Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification (VCCV)
for
   managing these PWs.  This memo discusses the ability of a combination of
CFM and
   VCCV to meet the OAM requirements of a L2 VPN.

The draft describes possible deployment scenarios for CFM and VCCV in a L2
VPN 
environment.  It also discusses areas of concern where additional
functionality
may be of benefit to network operators.  The difficulties in addressing the
OAM 
aspects of the VPLS Forwarders described in RFC 4664 are specifically
discussed.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stokes-l2vpn-cfm-vccv-oam-00.txt

Comments and discussions are requested on the mailing list.  A presentation
is 
planned at the Vancouver IETF if there is sufficient interest.

Cheers,
Olen