Subject: Notification for draft-stokes-vkompella-l2vpn-vpls-oam-01.txt

From: "Dutta, Pranjal \(Pranjal\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 23:16:39 +0530

The subject draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 

directories. It has been submitted to the Layer 2 Virtual Private
Networks Working Group.

      Title       : OAM for Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)

      Author(s)   : O. Stokes, et al.

      Filename    : draft-stokes-vkompella-l2vpn-vpls-oam-01.txt

      Pages       : 46

      Date        : 2007-11-19

Abstract

   This document describes a methodology and a set of mechanisms for 

   Operation, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) of a general VPN 

   (Virtual Private Network) service that is applied to a Virtual 

   Private LAN Service [RFC4761][RFC4762]. 

   draft-stokes-l2vpn-cfm-vccv-oam-00.txt describes the capabilities of
CFM 
   802.1ag and VCCV for OAM operations among the bridge module 
   components in the VPLS. The OAM functions described in this document 
   builds the additional capabilities into 802.1ag + VCCV to detect,
verify 
   and isolate connectivity faults among the VPLS forwarder components.
The 
   methodology adopted extends LSP Ping concepts described in RFC4379
and 
   VCCV capabilities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stokes-vkompella-l2vpn-vpls-oa
m-01.txt

Comments and discussions are requested on the mailing list.  A
presentation is planned at the Vancouver IETF if there is sufficient
interest.

Cheers,

Pranjal