Subject: Correction to L2VPN WG Meeting Minutes @IETF73

From: "Norival Figueira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 10:42:10 -0800

As requested, this is a correction to the following section of the L2VPN
minutes. These questions were asked during the VPLS MIB presentation by
A S Kiran Koushik (item 3 in the agenda). I will send a separate message
to the L2VPN mailing list explaining the reasoning behind these
questions.

Original text in the minutes:

- ???: I have a few questions for clarification.  When I read the MIB,
there's

a few things that I couldn't find:

  + VPLS Instance ID in the Configuration Table;

  + A way to define the desired Class of Service to be used by the VPLS

  instance to be used for tunnel selection;

  + There are pointers to the Bridge-MIB, but if would be useful if
there was

  a place in MIB to define the maximum # of MAC addresses that should be

  learned by a specific VPLS instance.

  + It would be useful if there was a way to allow someone to clear the
MAC

  addresses in a VPLS instance.

  + You point to Bridge-MIB, but I don't see a clear identification of
the

  interfaces that are bound to a VPLS instance.  I see that for the PW
side,

  but I don't see that for the interfaces.

Corrected text:

- Norival Figueira: I have a few questions for clarification. When I
read the MIB, there are a few things that I couldn't find:

  + A VPLS Instance ID (VC ID) in the Configuration Table;

  + The Class of Service to be used by the VPLS instance for tunnel
selection;

  + The maximum number of MAC addresses to be learned by the VPLS
instance.

  + A way to allow someone to manually clear the table of learned MAC
addresses of the VPLS instance.

  + The VPLS MIB points to the Bridge-MIB, but I don't see a clear
identification of the interfaces that are bound to a VPLS instance. I
see that for the PW side, but I don't see that for the interfaces.

Regards,

Norival

----------------------------------------------------------------

L2VPN WG Meeting Minutes @IETF73

________________________________

*	To: l2vpn at ietf.org <mailto:[email-masked]> 
*	Subject: L2VPN WG Meeting Minutes @IETF73
*	From: Shane Amante <shane at castlepoint.net
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
*	Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 22:08:04 -0700
*	Delivered-to: ietfarch-l2vpn-web-archive at core3.amsl.com
<mailto:[email-masked]> 
*	Delivered-to: l2vpn at core3.amsl.com
<mailto:[email-masked]> 
*	List-archive: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/private/l2vpn>
*	List-help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help>
*	List-id: <l2vpn.ietf.org>
*	List-post: <mailto:[email-masked]>
*	List-subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2vpn>,
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>
*	List-unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2vpn>,
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>
*	Sender: l2vpn-bounces at ietf.org
<mailto:[email-masked]> 

________________________________

The draft minutes from the L2VPN WG meeting in Minneapolis, MN, USA are
here: 

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08nov/minutes/l2vpn.txt

Please review the minutes and provide the chairs or list with any
corrections ASAP. 

Thanks to Martin Vigoureux, Laurent Ciavaglia and Lieven Levaru for
taking notes during the meeting. 

Last call for corrections to the minutes will be Friday, December 12,
2008. 

Thanks,
 
-shane & Vach