Subject: Updated minutes from IETF 77

From: Giles Heron <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 19:47:34 +0100

Ok - so it'd help if I actually put some content in my email.

As Simon Delord helpfully pointed out the other day I missed the second half
of the meeting out when I posted these.

I've now updated the online minutes:

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/10mar/minutes/l2vpn.txt

Giles

---

From: Raymond Key <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:09:35 +1000

Hi Rahul,

I go through the recently published IETF77 L2VPN minutes
and would like to follow up on one of your comments. 

Extract from minutes under
8) Discussion of ETREE requirements and solution space
"Rahul Aggarwal: excellent presentation. This spells out the 
 problem well. Option 1 is a must. Once you have done this, 
 how do you identify whether traffic comes from root or leaf 
 AC? CW approach is broken. VLAN tag is appealing if it gives 
 a homogenous solution. If it doesn't could use MPLS label."

Is "CW approach is broken" referring to the solution approach 
proposed in draft-key-l2vpn-vpls-etree-02? Could you elaborate 
a little bit more on how it is broken?

Thanks,
Raymond Key 

> Giles Heron <[email-masked]> wrote:
>