Subject: Comments for draft-raggarwa-l2vpn-p2mp-pw-02

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:35:17 +0800

Hi Rahul:
I got some comments for draft-raggarwa-l2vpn-p2mp-pw-02. In section 5, CE 
ID is used instend of VE ID compared with RFC4761. This is correct if 
there is no reverse path requirement for P2MP PW. If the reverse path 
needs to be setup, the NLRI with <RD, CE ID> is not correct now. For 
example, if there are two CEs connected to one leaf PE for one P2MP PW, 
then two NLRI will be generated and advertised to root PE. But the reverse 
path is a unidirctional P2P LSP from leaf PE to root PE, then which NLRI 
will carry the reverse path label information?

One leaf PE in VPMS can connect multiple leaf AC, and there will be also a 
forwarding instance for the leaf PE, like below:
       +-----------------+
  AC1  |  +-----------+  | 
=======|==| Virtual   |  |  P2MP PW  //
       |  | Forwarder |==|===========
=======|==|           |  |           \\
  AC2  |  +-----------+  |
       +-----------------+ 
The "virtual forwarder" will simplely copy the packets from P2MP PW to AC1 
and AC2 unidirectionally.
Then, after some consideration, I think we can still use VE ID for VPMS 
with new address family for NLRI. Then the leaf PE can advertise NLRI with 
<RD, VEID> to setup the reverse path. MH-ID described in 
<draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-multihoming-00> can be used for multi-homing for 
VPMS.

What do you think about the above problem?

Best Regards
Lizhong Jin

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.