Subject: REMINDER: PW / VCCV User Implementation Survey

From: "Delregno, Christopher N (Nick DelRegno)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 13:43:20 +0000

Folks, we still only have 6 responses to the VCCV User Survey.  Time is
running out.  The deadline for submissions is February 25th.

It is important that we get as many participants as possible to ensure
fair representation in any future PW Control Word and VCCV related work
in the PWE3 working group.

Thanks,

Nick

=================================

All:

Per the direction of the PWE3 working group, beginning in IETF77 and
reinforced in IETF78, the PWE3 working group is conducting a Service
Provider implementation survey related to:

-          Pseudowire Encapsulations

-          Control Word Support

-          Control Word Use

-          VCCV Control Channel Support

-          VCCV Control Channel Use

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/pwe3

This is a short survey directed toward Service Providers who currently
operate networks using any of the defined PWE3 encapsulations.  The
results of this survey will be used to determine the direction of the
Control Word support in current and future encapsulations as well as
solutions to VCCV interoperability challenges.

We sincerely urge all service providers to participate.  We ask that all
equipment providers encourage participation by their Service Provider
customers.  The more feedback we receive, the better view of the
existing network we can have on which to base going-forward direction.

If you have any questions, regarding the survey, especially of a
technical nature, please contact me.  If you have non-technical
questions, feel free to reach out to the PWE3 WG chairs and myself.

The results of the survey will be aggregated and shared at a high level.
No low-level details of network implementations will be shared.  All
participant's responses will remain private, if not anonymous.

All responses will require a valid email address to help ensure the
survey's validity.

Thanks,

Nick

Christopher N. "Nick" DelRegno, PMTS

CNT, Ethernet Network Architecture & Design

400 International Pkwy

Richardson, TX  75081

Tel:  972-729-3411

Email:  [email-masked]

---

From: "Delregno, Christopher N (Nick DelRegno)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:40:25 +0000

We now have 9 valid responses to the VCCV User Survey.  Time is running
out.  The deadline for submissions is February 25th.  So we have 11 days
and counting.

I will be presenting the results of the PW/VCCV survey in the form of a
draft for IETF 80 in Prague.

Thanks,

Nick

All:

-          Control Word Support

-          Control Word Use

Thanks,

Nick

400 International Pkwy

Richardson, TX  75081

Tel:  972-729-3411

---

From: "Delregno, Christopher N (Nick DelRegno)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 18:55:54 +0000

All:

This is the last week to participate in the PW/VCCV User Implementation
Survey.  The deadline for submissions is February 25th.  The survey will
be ended this Friday evening and the results analyzed.

We have 11 responses so far.

Thanks,

Nick

All:

-          Control Word Support

-          Control Word Use

Thanks,

Nick

400 International Pkwy

Richardson, TX  75081

Tel:  972-729-3411

---

From: "Delregno, Christopher N (Nick DelRegno)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 15:21:19 +0000

All:

This is the last day to participate in the PW/VCCV User Implementation
Survey.  The survey closes today at 5PM CST.  I will aggregate the
responses and provide the results via a draft and presentation in
Prague.

We have 18 responses so far.  Thank you to all who have provided this
valuable information!

Thanks,

Nick

All:

-          Control Word Support

-          Control Word Use

Thanks,

Nick

400 International Pkwy

Richardson, TX  75081

Tel:  972-729-3411