Subject: Document Action: 'VPLS Interoperability with CE Bridges' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bridge-interop-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 14:03:09 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'VPLS Interoperability with CE Bridges'
  (draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bridge-interop-06.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bridge-interop/

Technical Summary 
When CE devices are IEEE bridges, then there are certain issues and 
challenges that need to be accounted for in a VPLS network. The majority 
of these issues have currently been addressed in the IEEE 802.1ad 
standard for provider bridges and they need to be addressed for VPLS 
networks as well. This draft discusses these issues and wherever possible,
the recommended solutions to these issues. 

Working Group Summary 
This document has been reviewed by carriers and experts in the L2VPN WG
and there are no outstanding issues. 

Document Quality 
This document was reviewed by the L2VPN chairs and Mark Townsley.

Personnel 
Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? 
Shane Amante ([email-masked]) 

Who is the Responsible Area Director? 
Stewart Bryant