Subject: 答复: L2vpn Digest, Vol 84, Issue 6

From: "Sam Cao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 17:22:58 +0800

Daniel,

Today I read your draft and have some questions. 

1) In Figure 2, "VSI Root PW" is used for frames originated from Root ACs.
Is it available for both AC1 on PE1 and AC3 (Root AC) on PE2? For example,
if one unknown unicast originated from AC1, it is carried via VSI root PW
and broadcasted to AC3 and AC4. Is it right? One unknown unicast originated
from AC3 is also carried via VSI Root PW.

2) AC E-Tree Type. In your draft, it is just locally configured. If so, Root
PW and Leaf PW are always established while VSI has been configured, right?
PE selected the correct PW to send frames upon local configuration, is it
right?

3) In 5.2.1, VSI E-Tree encoding. There are two VSI E-Tree types, one is
E-Tree Root VSI, and one is E-Tree Leaf VSI. If so, in figure 2, if one VSI
is attached both Root ACs and Leaf ACs, what is its type? 

4) Can you tell me the usage of VSI E-Tree identifier? Is it useful to
establish PW? "<VSI E-Tree type, VSI E-Tree identifier> pair", I guess we
have to separate one VSI into two VSIs, one is Root VSI and one is Leaf VSI,
but if so, it is not reasonable to establish just 2 PWs in Figure 2. Root AC
and Leaf AC can not attach to same VSI.

There are two ways to support E-Tree, I believe, one on data plane and one
on control plane. I also uploaded one draft on this
"http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cao-l2vpn-vpls-etree/". Would you
please share some comments? 

Yuqun (Sam) Cao
Mobile: +86-18959186587
E-mail: [email-masked] 
 
-----邮件原件-----
发件人: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表
[email-masked]
发送时间: 2011年5月24日 3:00
收件人: [email-masked]
主题: L2vpn Digest, Vol 84, Issue 6

If you have received this digest without all the individual message
attachments you will need to update your digest options in your list
subscription.  To do so, go to 

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2vpn

Click the 'Unsubscribe or edit options' button, log in, and set "Get
MIME or Plain Text Digests?" to MIME.  You can set this option
globally for all the list digests you receive at this point.

Send L2vpn mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2vpn
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of L2vpn digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. Seeking feedback on I-D "Extension to LDP-VPLS for E-Tree
      Using Two	PW" new revision (Daniel Cohn)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 20:28:49 +0300
From: "Daniel Cohn" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Seeking feedback on I-D "Extension to LDP-VPLS for E-Tree
	Using Two	PW" new revision
Message-ID: <44F4E579A764584EA9BDFD07D0CA081306C0D78B@tlvmail1>
Content-Type: text/plain;	charset="us-ascii"

Hi L2VPNers,

We (the authors) uploaded a new revision of the "Extension to LDP-VPLS
for E-Tree Using Two PW" at
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ram-l2vpn-ldp-vpls-etree-2pw-02.txt

The main change from the previous revision is the use of new interface
parameters TLVs (VSI E-Tree type and VSI E-Tree identifier) to identify
root and leaf PWs, rather than defining new PW types. This is a result
from feedback we received when we presented the draft at IETF 80.

We are seeking more feedback from the mailing list, and would be
grateful if you could review the document and post comments on the
mailing list or directly to the authors.

Regards,

Daniel

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
L2vpn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2vpn

End of L2vpn Digest, Vol 84, Issue 6
************************************

---

From: "Sam Cao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 17:27:16 +0800

Daniel,

The most important is, how to establish VSI Root PW and VSI Leaf PW, Step by
step for both Root-Leaf-Mixed VSIs.

Yuqun (Sam) Cao
Mobile: +86-18959186587

-----邮件原件-----

Today's Topics:

Message: 1

Hi L2VPNers,

Regards,

Daniel