Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-inter-domain-redundancy-05.txt> (Redundancy provisioning for VPLS Inter-domain) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 18:43:47 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks
WG (l2vpn) to consider the following document:
- 'Redundancy provisioning for VPLS Inter-domain'
  <draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-inter-domain-redundancy-05.txt> as Best Current
Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-04-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In many existing Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) deployments based
   on RFC 4762, inter-domain connectivity has been deployed without node
   redundancy, or with node redundancy in a single domain.  This
   document describes a solution for inter-domain VPLS based on RFC 4762
   with node and link redundancy in both domains.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-inter-domain-redundancy/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-inter-domain-redundancy/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.