Subject: Re: [L3sm] [Supa] [[email-masked]: I-D Action: draft-l3vpn-service-yang-00.txt]

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 00:43:13 +0000

Dear Dacheng,

There is a new discussion list mailto:[email-masked].

Let's discuss from here. Would the authors of both two drafts verify my understanding?

Thank you,
Tina

On Mar 2, 2015, at 4:30 PM, Dacheng Zhang <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Sure, look forward to future discussions.

Cheers

Dacheng

在 15-3-2 下午2:40， "Tina TSOU" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> 写入:

Dear Juergen et al,

Thank you for pointing out it.

IMO, both draft-l3vpn-service-yang and
draft-zaalouk-supa-vpn-service-management-model are aimed to abstract the
Layer 3 IP VPN YANG model on top of the management system.

The YANG Model architecture in these two drafts are the same, including
the vpn-service global parameters and access-sites parameters, and the
key parameters for a VPN service are nearly have the same definition. But
draft-l3vpn-service-yang have more definition details besides the main
VPN YANG model arthiceture, for example, the protection mode, QOS
requirments, IP address allocation, VPN policy definition and some
templates definition. These definitions should be added to supa vpn
service management model. By the way, draft-l3vpn-service-yang has
described the management system action in detail after recieving a VPN
service requirement using this vpn service yang model, and these are also
the same as supa idea.

For these reasons above, draft-zaalouk-supa-vpn-service-management-model
could make a combination with this draft-l3vpn-service-yang.

But supa-vpn-service-management-model has a big difference from the
l3vpn-service-yang, that is how to get the physical access position of an
exact access site. In l3vpn-service-yang, some parameters and constrains
like location and site-diversity are defined to help the management
system to select appropriate PE or POP for the exact access site. To
achive this purpose，the management system should maintain the PE or POP
pools. This deployment will restrict the access site movement
requirement, which is the main highlight of supa design. Supa allows the
user access sites access to the network anywhere and the VPN
configuration for network element can be created and deleted dynamically,
which can shortest the service deployment period.

For the difference above, I would encourage authors of
draft-zaalouk-supa-vpn-service-management-model have a deep discussion
with authors of draft-l3vpn-service-yang.

Thank you,
Tina

-----Original Message-----
From: Supa [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Juergen
Schoenwaelder
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 12:32 AM
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: [Supa] [[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>: I-D Action:
draft-l3vpn-service-yang-00.txt]

Hi,

this might be relevant related work...

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

_______________________________________________
Supa mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/supa