Subject: [L3sm] [l3sm] #2 (draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model): Identify l3vpn svc using id or name or both?

From: "l3sm issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 07:08:54 -0000

#2: Identify l3vpn svc using id or name or both?

 In the (v-01), l3vpn svc can be identified by both name and id, both name
 and id are unique and internal reference for VPN service,id is optional
 parameter while name is mandatory parameter and key for vpn service.

 Scharf Michael believed that id is redundant and suggested to use name
 only.

 The relevant question is who generate these identifier? user or system,
 when we choose to use int32 as data type for id, why not use UUID since
 UUID is 128bits long generated by system, common data type defined in
 RFC6991 and is an identifier that is unique across both space and time.
 but UUID should depend on specific generation algorithm and follow
 specific format.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]       |      Owner:  draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-
     Type:  enhancement              |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  minor                    |     Status:  new
Component:  draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-   |  Milestone:
  service-model                      |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:  string int32
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/l3sm/trac/ticket/2>
l3sm <http://tools.ietf.org/l3sm/>