Subject: [L3sm] [l3sm] #7 (draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model): Generic VAS

From: "l3sm issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 08:38:24 -0000

#7: Generic VAS

 Nowadays, VPNs are generally selled with VAS options.
 some examples of VASs that are generally added on top of a VPN include:
 -       Cloud access with FW
 -       Internet access with FW + possibly Web content filtering
 -       DPI
 -       Acceleration

 Maxim Klyus proposed to define Generic VAS leaf with similar redundant
 parameters for L3VPN service.
 Maxim Klyus also viewed CloudAccess as one example of Generic VAS.

 However there are many many services, it is challenging to list all of
 them.Do we need to consider VAS in the L3SM service model? Do we need to
 have a seperate model to provide VAS support by augumenting L3SM service
 model?

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]       |      Owner:  draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-
     Type:  enhancement              |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  minor                    |     Status:  new
Component:  draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-   |  Milestone:
  service-model                      |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:  VAS
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/l3sm/trac/ticket/7>
l3sm <http://tools.ietf.org/l3sm/>