Subject: Re: [L3sm] [l3sm] #2 (l3vpn-service-model): Identify l3vpn svc using id or name or both?

From: "l3sm issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 09:40:02 -0000

#2: Identify l3vpn svc using id or name or both?

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 There was agreement on the list to use name only to get in line with other
 properties defind in the service model.

 Replying to [ticket:2 bill.wu@…]:
 > In the (v-01), l3vpn svc can be identified by both name and id, both
 name and id are unique and internal reference for VPN service,id is
 optional parameter while name is mandatory parameter and key for vpn
 service. The change we need for service model is to remove vpn-svc id from
 service model.

 >
 > Scharf Michael believed that id is redundant and suggested to use name
 only.
 >
 > The relevant question is who generate these identifier? user or system,
 when we choose to use int32 as data type for id, why not use UUID since
 > UUID is 128bits long generated by system, common data type defined in
 RFC6991 and is an identifier that is unique across both space and time.
 but UUID should depend on specific generation algorithm and follow
 specific format.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-l3sm-l3vpn-service-
  [email-masked]     |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor        |   Milestone:
Component:  l3vpn-       |     Version:
  service-model          |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:  string       |
  int32                  |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/l3sm/trac/ticket/2#comment:2>
l3sm <https://tools.ietf.org/l3sm/>