Subject: Re: [L3sm] [l3sm] #7 (draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model): Generic VAS

From: "l3sm issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 09:35:08 -0000

#7: Generic VAS

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Replying to [ticket:7 bill.wu@…]:
 > Nowadays, VPNs are generally selled with VAS options.
 > some examples of VASs that are generally added on top of a VPN include:
 > -     Cloud access with FW
 > -     Internet access with FW + possibly Web content filtering
 > -     DPI
 > -     Acceleration
 >
 > Maxim Klyus proposed to define Generic VAS leaf with similar redundant
 parameters for L3VPN service.
 > Maxim Klyus also viewed CloudAccess as one example of Generic VAS.
 >
 > However there are many many services, it is challenging to list all of
 them.Do we need to consider VAS in the L3SM service model? Do we need to
 have a seperate model to provide VAS support by augumenting L3SM service
 model?

 There was agreement to separate generic VAS from L3SM service model and
 build L3SM model as a base model and other service-provider specific
 service models can be built on top of it.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]       |       Owner:  draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-
     Type:  enhancement              |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  minor                    |      Status:  new
Component:  draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-   |   Milestone:
  service-model                      |     Version:
 Severity:  -                        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:  VAS                      |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/l3sm/trac/ticket/7#comment:1>
l3sm <https://tools.ietf.org/l3sm/>