Subject: [L3sm] [l3sm] #20 (draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model): Placement of the management branch

From: "l3sm issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 22:16:29 -0000

#20: Placement  of  the  management branch

 The following branch (for the CE management) is currently placed under the
 site branch.

  +--rw management
  | +--rw type? identityref
  | +--rw management-transport? identityref
  | +--rw address? inet:ip-address

 This is problematic for multi CE multi homed sites.

 Recommending to move this branch under the site-network-access branch.

 While this has the potential to lead to redundant or conflicting data
 accros multiple network accesses connected to the same CE, this is
 necessary for multi-CE sites.

 Suggestion to avoid redundant or conflictual management info accross same
 CE  network accesses would be to make the branch optional and impose on
 the management solution to specify the management data on at least one of
 the network access connected to any one CE (presumably the first network
 access to be installed or the primary network access).

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]         |      Owner:  draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-
     Type:  defect                   |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  major                    |     Status:  new
Component:  draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-   |  Milestone:
  service-model                      |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/l3sm/trac/ticket/20>
l3sm <https://tools.ietf.org/l3sm/>