Subject: [L3sm] [l3sm] #18 (draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model): "pop-diverse" Diversity Constraint Augmentation Suggestion

From: "l3sm issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 21:12:44 -0000

#18: "pop-diverse" Diversity Constraint  Augmentation Suggestion

 Point of Presence (POP) normally corresponds to the location where the PE
 router is installed. For large service provider networks, the access
 network typically first terminates in a Local Serving Office and from
 there additional backhaul is performed to reach the POP where the PE is
 located. In some cases the local serving office and the POP are at the
 same building/location but this is not always the case.

 For this reason, certain service providers also sell Local Serving Office
 diversity options on top of POP diversity to their IP.VPN customers.
 (because a common Local Serving Office for 2 otherwise diverse network
 accesses can be perceived as a single point of failure for high profile
 IP.VPN customers)

 As a result, this recommendation is to add “local-serving-office-diverse”
 diversity option.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]         |      Owner:  draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-
     Type:  enhancement              |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  minor                    |     Status:  new
Component:  draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-   |  Milestone:
  service-model                      |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/l3sm/trac/ticket/18>
l3sm <https://tools.ietf.org/l3sm/>