Subject: RE: draft-ietf-l3vpn-gre-ip-2547-01.txt

From: "Shashi Kiran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:28:54 -0800

Yakov,

We support this initiative. It fits in logically with the evolution of both
our product/s as well as some of our customer networks.

Rgds
Shashi Kiran

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Yakov
Rekhter
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 12:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: draft-ietf-l3vpn-gre-ip-2547-01.txt

Folks,

draft-ietf-l3vpn-gre-ip-2547-01.txt talks about using GRE or IP tunnels
instead of the outer label for 2547 VPNs.  However, the same approach could
be used for other MPLS VPN applications (e.g., VR-based VPNs with BGP-based
autodiscovery).

With this in mind I'd like to propose to generalize the document.

Comments ???

Yakov.