Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgp-ipv6-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:26:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: BGP-MPLS VPN extension for IPv6 VPN
	Author(s)	: J. De Clercq, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgp-ipv6-05.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-2-18
	
This document describes a method by which a Service Provider may use
   its packet switched backbone to provide Virtual Private Network
   services for its IPv6 customers. This method reuses, and extends
   where necessary, the "BGP/MPLS IP VPN" method [2547bis] for support
   of IPv6. In BGP/MPLS IP VPN,  "Multiprotocol BGP" is used for
   distributing IPv4 VPN routes over the service provider backbone and
   MPLS is used to forward IPv4 VPN packets over the backbone. This
   document defines an IPv6 VPN address family and describes the
   corresponding IPv6 VPN route distribution in "Multiprotocol BGP".
   This document defines support of the IPv6 VPN service over both an
   IPv4 and an IPv6 backbone, and using various tunnelling techniques
   over the core including MPLS, IP-in-IP, GRE and IPsec protected
   tunnels. The inter-working between an IPv4 site and an IPv6 site is
   outside the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgp-ipv6-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgp-ipv6-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgp-ipv6-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.