Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:50:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Using BGP as an Auto-Discovery Mechanism for Layer-3 and Layer-2 VPNs
	Author(s)	: H. Ould-Brahim, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-05.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2005-2-23
	
In any Layer-3 and Layer-2 VPN scheme, the Provider Edge (PE) 
   devices attached to a common VPN must exchange certain information 
   as a prerequisite to establish VPN-specific connectivity. The 
   purpose of this draft is to define a BGP based auto-discovery 
   mechanism for layer-2 VPN architectures and Virtual router-based 
   layer-3 VPNs [VPN-VR]. This mechanism is based on the approach used 
   by BGP/MPLS-IP-VPN [BGP/MPLS-IP-VPN] for distributing VPN routing 
   information within the service provider(s). In the context of 
   L2VPNs, an auto-discovery mechanism enables a PE to determine the 
   set of other PEs having VPN members in common along with information 
   relative to each specific L2VPN endpoints such as attachment circuit 
   identifier, topology information, etc. Each VPN scheme uses the 
   mechanism to automatically discover the information needed by that 
   particular scheme.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.