Subject: Last call: draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgp-ipv6-04

From: Ronald Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 11:58:16 -0500

Folks,

This message ends last call on draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgp-ipv6-04. There has 
been some discussion of this draft in a simultaneous last call on the 
IDR mailing list.

Authors,

Please update the draft to reflect comments from the IDR list. Also, 
please post a message to this list describing the changes.

When the new draft version is posted, I will forward it to the IESG with 
a request to publish as a Proposed Standard.

                                     Ron

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:23:41 +0100

Ron,

> please post a message to this list describing the changes.

I posted the updated version (i.e. -05) of this draft reflecting the IDR
comments. The changes are as follows:

- changed the "BGP Next Hop encoding" section (3.2.1) to reflect that
the decision for encoding the NH as a v6 prefix versus as a v4-mapped v6
prefix should be based on policy and not on whether the IPv6-VPN
reachability information is exchanged over IPv4 or IPv6. This impacts
also subsections 3.2.1.1 and 3.2.1.2, and section 8 (paragraph 7).
- added a reference to MPLS-in-L2TPv3 which is now a WG document too.

> a request to publish as a Proposed Standard.

thanks,

Jeremy.