Subject: RFC 4031 on Service Requirements for Layer 3 Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks (PPVPNs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:38:00 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4031

        Title:      Service Requirements for Layer 3
                    Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks
                    (PPVPNs) 
        Authors:    M. Carugi, Ed., D. McDysan, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Characters: 118568
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l3vpn-requirements-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4031.txt

This document provides requirements for Layer 3 Virtual Private
Networks (L3VPNs).  It identifies requirements applicable to a number
of individual approaches that a Service Provider may use to provision
a Virtual Private Network (VPN) service.  This document expresses a
service provider perspective, based upon past experience with IP-based
service offerings and the ever-evolving needs of the customers of such
services.  Toward this end, it first defines terminology and states
general requirements.  Detailed requirements are expressed from a
customer perspective as well as that of a service provider.

This document is a product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.