Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospf-2547-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:48:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: OSPF as the Provider/Customer Edge Protocol 
			  for BGP/MPLS IP VPNs
	Author(s)	: E. Rosen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospf-2547-04.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2005-5-17
	
Many Service Providers offer Virtual Private Network ("VPN") services
   to their customers, using a technique in which customer edge routers
   ("CE routers") are routing peers of provider edge routers ("PE
   routers").  The Border Gateway Protocol ("BGP") is used to distribute
   the customer's routes across the provider's IP backbone network, and
   Multiprotocol Label Switching ("MPLS") is used to tunnel customer
   packets across the provider's backbone.  This is known as a "BGP/MPLS
   IP VPN".  The base specification for BGP/MPLS IP VPNs presumes that
   the routing protocol on the interface between a PE router and a CE
   router is BGP.  This document extends that specification by allowing
   the routing protocol on the PE/CE interface to be the Open Shortest
   Path First ("OSPF") protocol.

   This document updates draft-ietf-l3vpn-rfc2547bis-03.txt.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospf-2547-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospf-2547-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospf-2547-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.