Subject: RFC 4176 on Framework for Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks (L3VPN) Operations and Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:54:22 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4176

        Title:      Framework for Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
                    (L3VPN) Operations and Management
        Author(s):  Y. El Mghazli, Ed., T. Nadeau, M. Boucadair,
                    K. Chan, A. Gonguet
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 46348
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l3vpn-mgt-fwk-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4176.txt

This document provides a framework for the operation and management of
Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks (L3VPNs).  This framework intends to
produce a coherent description of the significant technical issues
that are important in the design of L3VPN management solutions.
The selection of specific approaches, and making choices among
information models and protocols are outside the scope of this
document. 

This document is a product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.