Subject: Re: An observation

From: xuxiaohu 41208 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 21:43:51 +0800

Mark,
 
Since you gave the following comment, you must have read and understood the
full solutions described in "draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast-00". Now I have
a question for you, in case that ingress replication is deployed and MP2P
LSP is used as unicast tunnel between PEs, how to do RPF checking as
multicast data traffic is received by egress PE? The MP2P LSP is
established by LDP in DU mode.
 
The following is the related viewpoint from Eric Rosen
“ In general, the top label which the inpress PE  puts on the  packet will not  enable the egress to  identify the  ingress, because the top label may  represent a mp2p tunnel or may be popped off  before reaching the  egress. ”
 
Any comment is expected.
 
Best regards,

Xiaohu Xu
Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd