Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l3vpn-vpn-vr-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 15:50:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network based IP VPN Architecture Using Virtual Routers
	Author(s)	: H. Ould-Brahim, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l3vpn-vpn-vr-03.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2006-3-6
	
This document describes a network-based Virtual Private Network 
   (VPN) architecture using the virtual router (VR) concept. Multiple 
   VRs can exist in a single physical device. A VR emulates all the 
   functionality of a physical router, and therefore inherits all 
   existing mechanisms and tools for configuration, operation, 
   accounting, and maintenance. Any routing protocol can be used to 
   distribute VPN reachability information among VRs, and no VPN-
   related modifications or extensions are needed to the routing 
   protocol for achieving VPN reachability. Direct VR-to-VR 
   connectivity may be configured through layer-2 links or through IP- 
   or MPLS-based tunnels. Traffic from VRs belonging to different VPNs 
   may be aggregated over a "backbone VR" network, which greatly 
   simplifies VPN provisioning. This architecture accommodates various 
   backbone deployment scenarios, both where the VPN service provider 
   owns the backbone, and where the VPN service provider obtains 
   backbone service from one or more other service providers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-vpn-vr-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l3vpn-vpn-vr-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-vpn-vr-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.