Subject: draft-wu-l3vpn-ipsec-gre-00

From: "Hui Deng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:53:57 +0800

Hello, all

Below is our new draft which posted recently,

 <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-l3vpn-ipsec-gre-00.txt>
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-l3vpn-ipsec-gre-00.txt

Abstract
   Provider-Provisioned Virtual Private Network (PPVPN)[RFC4110] uses
   some forms of IP tunneling schemes to tunnel VPN traffic.  Possible
   candidates are GRE, IP-in-IP, IPsec and MPLS.  The candidate
   tunneling scheme should provide multiplexing capability, as well as
   dynamic tunnel setup and maintenance capability.  Additionally,
   security is required if the VPN traffic is traversing public Internet
   or across Service Provider domains.  Each above candidate by itself
   is not sufficient to meet all these requirements.  This document
   describes a method of using IPsec signaling (i.e, IKE) to setup a GRE
   tunnel.  This IPsec GRE tunnel may be used as the candidate tunneling
   scheme in PPVPN network or remote access compulsory VPN.  This
   document also defines a way how the Key field in GRE header is used
   in IPsec GRE tunnel setup.

You are comments are really appreciated,

Many thanks for your help

Best regards,

-Hui