Subject: nit in draft-ietf-2547bis-mcast bgp section 14.1

From: Thomas Morin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 16:16:54 +0100

Hi folks,

Current text of draft-ietf-2547bis-mcast section 14.1 includes :

   When a PE using any of the above methods first learns of a new
   (multicast) source within that MVPN, the PE constructs a Source
   Active A-D route, and sends this route to all other PEs that have one
   or more sites of that MVPN connected to them. The route carries a
   single MCAST-VPN NLRI constructed as follows:

     + The RD in this NLRI is set to the RD of the VRF of the MVPN on
       the PE.

     + The Multicast Source field MUST be set to the source IP address
       of the multicast data packet carried in the PIM-Register message.
       The Multicast Source Length field is set appropriately to reflect
       this.

     + The Multicast Group field MUST be set to the group address of the
       multicast data packet carried in the PIM-Register message. The
       Multicast Group Length field is set appropriately to reflect
       this.

In the above, the "of the multicast data packet carried in the
PIM-Register message" does not take into account the case where the
source was learned through MSDP. 

Proposed change:

     + The Multicast Source field MUST be set to the source IP address 
       of the multicast data packet carried in the PIM-Register
       message (RP/PIM register case) or of the MSDP Source-Active
       message (MSDP case). The Multicast Source Length field is set
       appropriately to reflect this.

     + The Multicast Group field MUST be set to the group IP address 
       of the multicast data packet carried in the PIM-Register
       message (RP/PIM register case) or of the MSDP Source-Active
       message (MSDP case). The Multicast Group Length field is set  
       appropriately to reflect this.

Cheers,

-Thomas

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 07:39:05 -0800

Thomas,

>        appropriately to reflect this.

That would be fine.

Yakov.