Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 22:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : OSPFv3 as a PE-CE routing protocol
	Author(s)       : P. Pillay-Esnault, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-03-07

Many Service Providers (SPs) offer Virtual Private Network (VPN)
services to their customers using a technique in which Customer Edge
(CE) routers are routing peers of Provider Edge (PE) routers.  The
Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is used to distribute the customer's
routes across the provider's IP backbone network, and Multiprotocol
Label Switching (MPLS) is used to tunnel customer packets across the
provider's backbone.  This is known as a "BGP/MPLS IP VPN".
Originally only IPv4 was supported and it was later extended to
support IPv6 VPNs as well.  Extensions were later added for the
support of the Open Shortest Path First protocol version 2 (OSPFv2)
as a PE-CE routing protocol for the IPv4 VPNs.  This document extends
those specifications to support OSPF version 3 (OSPFv3) as a PE-CE
routing protocol.  The OSPFv3 PE-CE functionality is identical to
that of OSPFv2 except for the differences described in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:54:04 -0600

Folks,
Please consider today the start of a 2-week WG Last
Call for this document.  If you have comments please
provide them to the authors and/or l3vpn@ WG mailing
list ASAP.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece

WG LC for this document ends on April 14, 2009.

Thanks!

-danny

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: March 7, 2009 11:00:01 PM MST
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-02.txt
>
Content-Type: text/plain<BR>Content-ID: &lt;[email-masked] 
&gt;<BR><BR>