Subject: Document Action: 'Requirements for supporting Customer RSVP and RSVP-TE over a BGP/MPLS IP-VPN' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:34:39 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Requirements for supporting Customer RSVP and RSVP-TE over a BGP/MPLS 
   IP-VPN '
   <draft-ietf-l3vpn-e2e-rsvp-te-reqts-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-e2e-rsvp-te-reqts-05.txt

Technical Summary

    This informational document describes service provider requirements
    for supporting a customer RSVP and RSVP-TE over a BGP/MPLS-IP L3VPN. 
    For example, this may be used to run triple play services through 
    BGP/MPLS IP-VPNs. Some Service Providers will deploy services that 
    request QoS guarantees from a local CE to a remote CE across the 
    network. As a result, the application (e.g., voice, video, 
    bandwidth-guaranteed data pipe, etc.) requirements for an end-to- 
    end QOS and reserving an adequate bandwidth continue to increase.

Working Group Summary

   There were no objections during the WG Last Call on the document,
   and the utility of this specification is both obvious and intuitive
   (see PROTO writeup by Danny McPherson in the ID Tracker). 

Document Quality

   As a requirements document, it is not subject to be implemented. The
   document was updated in response to IETF last call comments. 

Personnel

   Danny McPherson is the Document Shepherd for this document. Ross
   Callon is the Responsible Area Director.