Subject: FW: New Version Notification for draft-gs-vpn-scaling-02.txt

From: "George, Wes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 10:47:29 -0500

Rob Shakir and I updated this draft last month, but I just realized that we never sent notification to the list that we had done so. We believe that this incorporates all of the feedback we've received thus far, and would like to discuss the future of the draft - whether it should be adopted as a WG doc in L3VPN, or if perhaps it is better off as an individual document, or an OpsArea document or something. It's also worth asking whether there is value in discussing it in Orlando or if we can just continue discussion on-list.

I'd also like to solicit help bolstering the multicast scale section of the document, either in text contributions or in pointers on areas we need to cover, things we should read, etc.

And of course additional review comments are always welcome. :-)

Thanks
Wes George and Rob Shakir

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 2:03 PM
To: George, Wes
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gs-vpn-scaling-02.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-gs-vpn-scaling-02.txt has been successfully submitted by Wesley George and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-gs-vpn-scaling
Revision:        02
Title:           IP VPN Scaling Considerations
Creation date:   2012-12-21
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 29
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gs-vpn-scaling-02.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gs-vpn-scaling
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gs-vpn-scaling-02
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gs-vpn-scaling-02

Abstract:
   This document discusses scaling considerations unique to
   implementation of Layer 3 (IP) Virtual Private Networks, discusses a
   few best practices, and identifies gaps in the current tools and
   techniques which are making it more difficult for operators to cost-
   effectively scale and manage their L3VPN deployments.

The IETF Secretariat

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.

---

From: "George Swallow (swallow)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 17:52:43 +0000

George -

The convention for naming drafts is that the third word (as delineated by
hyphens) is the name of the Working Group that the draft is targeted to.
If you follow the convention then notifications are automatically sent.

In you case you could call it either

draft-gs-l3vpn-scaling or

draft-gs-l3vpn-vpn-scaling

George

On 2/1/13 10:47 AM, "George, Wes" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Rob Shakir and I updated this draft last month, but I just realized that
>we never sent notification to the list that we had done so. We believe
>that this incorporates all of the feedback we've received thus far, and
>would like to discuss the future of the draft - whether it should be
>adopted as a WG doc in L3VPN, or if perhaps it is better off as an
>individual document, or an OpsArea document or something. It's also worth
>asking whether there is value in discussing it in Orlando or if we can
>just continue discussion on-list.
>
>I'd also like to solicit help bolstering the multicast scale section of
>the document, either in text contributions or in pointers on areas we
>need to cover, things we should read, etc.
>
>A new version of I-D, draft-gs-vpn-scaling-02.txt has been successfully
>submitted by Wesley George and posted to the IETF repository.
>
>URL:             
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gs-vpn-scaling-02.txt
>This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
>proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
>copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely
>for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you
>are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified
>that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in
>relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly
>prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in
>error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the
>original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.