Subject: draft-fang-l3vpn-data-center-interconnect-00

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 05:52:27 +0100

Hi,

Reading through draft-fang-l3vpn-data-center-interconnect-00 I would
like to clarify one points and comment on section 4.1.2.

Abstract says:

   New Inter-AS solutions are required in certain scenarios, in
addition to the existing Inter-AS Options (A, B, C) defined in
[RFC4364].

Question:

  Where in the draft there is any reference to the proposed new "new
inter-as solutions" ?

In section 4.1.2 the draft says:

   Cons: vanilla version of Option B is considered less secure in
   comparision with Option A, due to dynimic routing information
   exchange is involved. The ASBR scaling may still be issues because
   ASBR must maintain all VPN routes.

   ...

   DCI consideration: Option B is one viable option to be used in DC
   inter-connection. But it has the same scale concerns as other options
   on potential large number of routes exchange between WAN and DC.

Comment:

All of the above cons can be already solved by RFC 4684 (RTC) and RFC
6769 (simple-va). Note that draft-ietf-l3vpn-virtual-hub-04 is also
applicable in parallel or in addition to RFC 6769 to help with the
potential scaling issue of ASBR option B.

--

Overall question ... Can authors clarify what is the point of this
draft other then stating obvious ?

Best,
R.