Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-bidir-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 11:47:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MVPN: Using Bidirectional P-Tunnels
	Author(s)       : Eric C. Rosen
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Yiqun Cai
                          Arjen Boers
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-bidir-05.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2013-04-10

Abstract:
   A set of prior RFCs specify procedures for supporting multicast in
   BGP/MPLS IP VPNs.  These procedures allow customer multicast data to
   travel across a service provider's backbone network through a set of
   multicast tunnels.  The tunnels are advertised in certain BGP "auto-
   discovery" routes, by means of a BGP attribute known as the "Provider
   Multicast Service Interface (PMSI) Tunnel attribute".  Encodings have
   been defined that allow the PMSI Tunnel attribute to identify
   bidirectional (multipoint-to-multipoint) multicast distribution
   trees.  However, the prior RFCs do not provide all the necessary
   procedures for using bidirectional tunnels to support multicast VPNs.
   This document updates RFCs 6513 and 6625 by specifying those
   procedures.  In particular, it specifies the procedures for assigning
   customer multicast flows (unidirectional or bidirectional) to
   specific bidirectional tunnels in the provider backbone, for
   advertising such assignments, and for determining which flows have
   been assigned to which tunnels.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-bidir

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-bidir-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-bidir-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt