Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-mldp-nlri-06.txt> (Encoding mLDP FECs in the NLRI of BGP MCAST-VPN Routes) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 09:00:31 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
WG (l3vpn) to consider the following document:
- 'Encoding mLDP FECs in the NLRI of BGP MCAST-VPN Routes'
  <draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-mldp-nlri-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Many service providers offer "BGP/MPLS IP VPN" service to their
   customers.  Existing IETF standards specify the procedures and
   protocols that a service provider uses in order to offer this service
   to customers who have IP unicast and IP multicast traffic in their
   VPNs.  It is also desirable to be able to support customers who have
   MPLS multicast traffic in their VPNs.  This document specifies the
   procedures and protocol extensions that are needed to support
   customers who use the Multicast Extensions to Label Distribution
   Protocol (mLDP) as the control protocol for their MPLS multicast
   traffic.  Existing standards do provide some support for customers
   who use mLDP, but only under a restrictive set of circumstances.
   This document generalizes the existing support to include all cases
   where the customer uses mLDP, without any restrictions.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-mldp-nlri/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-mldp-nlri/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.