Subject: [Lake] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lake-edhoc-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 06:08:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Lightweight Authenticated Key Exchange WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Ephemeral Diffie-Hellman Over COSE (EDHOC)
        Authors         : Göran Selander
                          John Preuß Mattsson
                          Francesca Palombini
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lake-edhoc-07.txt
	Pages           : 100
	Date            : 2021-05-24

Abstract:
   This document specifies Ephemeral Diffie-Hellman Over COSE (EDHOC), a
   very compact and lightweight authenticated Diffie-Hellman key
   exchange with ephemeral keys.  EDHOC provides mutual authentication,
   perfect forward secrecy, and identity protection.  EDHOC is intended
   for usage in constrained scenarios and a main use case is to
   establish an OSCORE security context.  By reusing COSE for
   cryptography, CBOR for encoding, and CoAP for transport, the
   additional code size can be kept very low.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lake-edhoc/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-lake-edhoc-07.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lake-edhoc-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Göran Selander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 13:14:02 +0000

Hello all,

We have uploaded -07 covering the latest concluded issues.  Main changes from -06 to -07:

   * Changed transcript hash definition for TH_2 and TH_3
   * Removed "EDHOC signature algorithm curve" from cipher suite
   * New IANA registry "EDHOC Exporter Label" 
   * New application defined parameter "context" in EDHOC-Exporter
   * Changed normative language for failure from MUST to SHOULD send error
   * Made error codes non-negative and 0 for success
   * Added detail on success error code
   * Aligned terminology "protocol instance" ->  "session"
   * New appendix on compact EC point representation
   * Added detail on use of ephemeral public keys
   * Moved key derivation for OSCORE to draft-ietf-core-oscore-edhoc
   * Additional security considerations
   * Renamed "Auxililary Data" as "External Authorization Data"
   * Added encrypted EAD_4 to message_4

We did not update the test vectors in -07. There are other PRs in progress to be discussed at the LAKE interim next week and those impact the message format so implementers may want to wait for -08 before updating the code.

Göran

On 2021-05-24, 15:08, "Lake on behalf of [email-masked]" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Abstract:

    -- 
    Lake mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lake