Subject: [Last-Call] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-15

From: Mehmet Ersue via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 01:18:55 -0800

Reviewer: Mehmet Ersue
Review result: Has Nits

I reviewed the document "Support for Short-Term, Automatically-Renewed (STAR)
Certificates in        Automated Certificate Management Environment (ACME)
(draft-ietf-acme-star-06) as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These comments
were written primarily for the benefit of the operational area directors. 
Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other
last call comments.

Intended status: Standards Track
Current IESG state: In Last Call (ends 2019-11-06)
IANA State: IANA - Review Needed

Summary:
The document describes a revised protocol for the TCP-based convergence layer
(TCPCL) for Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN).  The protocol revision is based on
implementation issues in the original TCPCL Version 3 of RFC7242 and updates to
the Bundle Protocol contents, encodings, and convergence layer requirements in
Bundle Protocol Version 7.

There are nits in the document:
** Obsolete normative reference: RFC 5246 (Obsoleted by RFC 8446)
== Outdated reference: A later version (-17) exists of draft-ietf-dtn-bpbis-14

As far as I can see the document does not cause any issues related to
operations and management. The document can be published.

Mehmet

---

From: "Mehmet Ersue" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 15:04:46 +0100

Please find below the corrected review text, which as I see is not sent to
related maillists:

I reviewed the document "Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP Convergence Layer
Protocol Version 4 (draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-15) as part of the Operational
directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by
the IESG. These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
operational area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

Summary: 

The document describes a revised protocol for the TCP-based convergence
layer (TCPCL) for Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN).  The protocol revision is
based on implementation issues in the original TCPCL Version 3 of RFC7242
and updates to the Bundle Protocol contents, encodings, and convergence
layer requirements in Bundle Protocol Version 7.

There are nits in the document:
** Obsolete normative reference: RFC 5246 (Obsoleted by RFC 8446)
== Outdated reference: A later version (-17) exists of
draft-ietf-dtn-bpbis-14

As far as I can see the document does not cause any issues related to
operations and management. 
The document can be published.

Mehmet

> -----Original Message-----
> From: OPS-DIR <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Mehmet Ersue via
> Datatracker
> Sent: Sunday, November 3, 2019 10:19 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [OPS-DIR] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-15
> 
> Reviewer: Mehmet Ersue
> Review result: Has Nits
> 
> effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These
> comments were written primarily for the benefit of the operational area
> directors.
> Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any
> other last call comments.
> 
> Current IESG state: In Last Call (ends 2019-11-06) IANA State: IANA -
Review
> Needed
> (TCPCL) for Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN).  The protocol revision is
based
> on implementation issues in the original TCPCL Version 3 of RFC7242 and
> updates to the Bundle Protocol contents, encodings, and convergence layer
> requirements in Bundle Protocol Version 7.
> 
> ** Obsolete normative reference: RFC 5246 (Obsoleted by RFC 8446) ==
> Outdated reference: A later version (-17) exists of
draft-ietf-dtn-bpbis-14
> _______________________________________________
> OPS-DIR mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-dir