Subject: [Last-Call] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-mboned-driad-amt-discovery-09

From: Dan Romascanu via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 07:21:36 -0800

Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-mboned-driad-amt-discovery-09
Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review Date: 2019-11-28
IETF LC End Date: 2019-12-02
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary:

Ready with a couple of nits / editorial clarifications.

This document updates Automatic Multicast Tunneling (AMT) defined by RFC 7450
by defining  DNS Reverse IP AMT Discovery (DRIAD), an extension of the relay
discovery process to use a new DNS resource record named AMTRELAY when
discovering AMT relays for source-specific multicast channels.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:

1. The reading of 2.4.1 and 2.4.3 seemed to me confusing. 2.4.1 speaks about
'establishing' a connection while 2.4.3 speaks about 'completing' a connection.
Are the two terms equivalent? If so, I would prefer to use only one of them, if
not, some more clarification is necessary.

2. The term 'tier 3 ISP' used in Section 3.1.1 is an 'industry term' that needs
to be defined, either by reference or in text.