Subject: [Last-Call] Iotdir last call review of draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-11

From: Stephen Farrell via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 07:23:07 -0800

Reviewer: Stephen Farrell
Review result: Almost Ready

Hiya,

I noted only one issue that might need fixing:

- If two entities are using this scheme and have an agreed set of 
  rules, don't you need to say that packets that don't match any
  rule(s) should be sent unmodified?

I also noticed a couple of nits:

- Intro: "There is no risk to lock a device in a particular version
  of CoAP." I'm not fully sure what that's trying to say but a) "no
  risk" is a major claim that's not justified:-) and b) SCHC (by 
  design) does inherently risk being less effective if protocols or
  patterns of protocol usage change.  I'd say just delete the
  sentence.

- section 2: "SCHC C/D" is used without being defined.

- 7.2: Typo: "The Inner Plaintext contains sensible information 
  which is not necessary for proxy operation." s/sensible/sensitive/
  I guess.