Subject: [Last-Call] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane-13

From: Olivier Bonaventure via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 09:19:18 -0800

Reviewer: Olivier Bonaventure
Review result: Ready

This document has been reviewed as part of the transport area review team's
ongoing effort to review key IETF documents. These comments were written
primarily for the transport area directors, but are copied to the document's
authors and WG to allow them to address any issues raised and also to the IETF
discussion list for information.

When done at the time of IETF Last Call, the authors should consider this
review as part of the last-call comments they receive. Please always CC
[email-masked] if you reply to or forward this review.

I have found the document to be clear and readable. I could not find any
transport specific issue that inside the document that would need to be
discuss. From a transport viewpoint, the classical MTU concerns are valid, but
they mainly concern RFC8300 and not specifically this document.

Concerning ECMP, a point of attention when deploying stateful functions in a
network where ECMP is used would be to ensure that transport flows would be
mapped to the same instance of a stateful function. This is probably already
discussed in other documents related to service function chaining.