Subject: [Last-Call] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661sesqui-msns-03

From: Sean Turner via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 11:37:16 -0800

Reviewer: Sean Turner
Review result: Ready

I'm no NFS expert, but I did review draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update [0], which
dealt with fixes in RFC5661 for multi-server namespace.  This draft replaces
that draft and obsoletes RFC5661 to incorporate changes documented in
draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update.  Almost all of the changes are to section 11
and 21.  I briefly examined the changes in this draft and those noted in
draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update, and it appears the changes are incorporated
(I trust the authors faithfully made the changes).

As far as the changes I suggested during my previous review [1], it appears as
if the authors have:

- major: 0-2 accepted and incorporated.  The spirit of 3 was incorporated;
makes it clear that AUTH_SYS provides "no provision to avoid modification of
data in flight".

- nits: incorporated 0-4, 6-8, and 10.  I see the point to not making the
changes suggested in 5 and 9.

Cheers,

spt

[0]
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-04-secdir-lc-turner-2019-02-27/
[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/secdir/zjgQKz0KnQbQHrJmQGwWioNwEpg