Subject: [Last-Call] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-dprive-bcp-op-07

From: Zitao Wang via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2020 18:03:58 -0800

Reviewer: Zitao Wang
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate’s ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of
the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

Summary:
This document presents operational, policy and security considerations for DNS
recursive resolver operators who choose to offer DNS Privacy services.  With
these recommendations, the operator can make deliberate decisions regarding
which services to provide, and how the decisions and alternatives impact the
privacy of users. This document also presents a framework to assist writers of
a DNS Recursive Operator Privacy Statement (analogous to DNS Security
Extensions (DNSSEC) Policies and DNSSEC Practice Statements described in
RFC6841).