Subject: [Last-Call] Genart telechat review of draft-ietf-ntp-using-nts-for-ntp-23

From: Dan Romascanu via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 08:40:48 -0700

Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review result: Ready

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-ntp-using-nts-for-ntp-23
Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review Date: 2020-03-09
IETF LC End Date: 2020-02-28
IESG Telechat date: 2020-03-12

Summary:

Ready.

A very clear, well written, nicely organized document.

While reviewing version -22 of the document I had a minor non-blocking comment
about marking unused entries in the tables in Sections 7.6, 7.7, 7.8 that may
be used for future extensions as 'Reserved for Future Standard Use'.

An exchange of mails with the editors clarified that they are  following the
recommendations at https://www.iana.org/help/protocol-registration>, under
"Lists Versus Tables”, which say: > "For an example of an IANA Considerations
section that uses tables, see RFC 6940. For an example that uses lists, see RFC
5804.”

While I still believe that explicit marking entries in the tables as 'Reserved
for Future Standard Use' makes things more clear and avoids future problems, I
can live with following the IANA recommendations above. This was a minor
non-blocking issue anyway.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 12:55:55 -0400

Dan, thanks for your reviews. Authors, thanks for your responses. I entered a No Objection ballot.

Alissa

> On Mar 9, 2020, at 11:40 AM, Dan Romascanu via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
> Review result: Ready
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art