Subject: [Last-Call] Genart last call review of draft-iesg-nomcom-eligibility-2020-01

From: Ines Robles via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 05:34:59 -0700

Reviewer: Ines Robles
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-iesg-nomcom-eligibility-2020-01
Reviewer: Ines Robles
Review Date: 2020-04-30
IETF LC End Date: 2020-04-30
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary:

This document provides a one-time interpretation of the eligibility rules (BCP
10) that is required for the exceptional situation of the cancellation of the
in-person IETF 107 meeting. This document only affects the seating of the
2020-2021 NomCom and any rules that relate to NomCom eligibility or process
before IETF 108, and does not set a precedent for the future.

The document is clear and well written. Please find some comments below.

Major issues: Not found
Minor issues: Not found
Nits/editorial comments:

Some comments/questions:

1- It would be nice to add a reference here

Section 1:

"...resulting in its conversion to a limited-agenda virtual meeting, with remote
   participation only.":

   e.g. [IETF 107 Virtual] =
   https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/Gqc4-GIsnvccObQrrciL_Vm0HMU/

2- Should this clarification be added?

" ...before IETF 108..." --> "...before IETF 108 (virtual or in-person
meeting)..." e.g. in the introduction or in section 3.

3- Related to this comment
[https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/kHVPn0tyF5o4Rvd3aZ51JA2MDtU/]

"... In section 2, last paragraph, I suggest changing the CREF to, "Note: The
previous two sentences will be replaced before publication with, 'This document
contains the outcome of that discussion.'...."

  Should this suggestion be applied?

  Note that CREF2 mentions "the previous sentence", not "the previous two
  sentences...."

4- It would be nice to add a reference to eligibility-discuss mailing list/
draft-carpenter-eligibility-expand

Section 3:

"...as there will be time for proper community work on such an update..."

Thus, e.g. "...community work on such an update (e.g. efforts such as
[Eligibility-discuss-ml] and [Eligibility-criteria])"

[Eligibility-discuss-ml]=
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/eligibility-discuss/
[Eligibility-criteria]=
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-carpenter-eligibility-expand/

Thank you for this document,

Ines.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 10:13:17 -0400

Thanks for your review, Ines.  Reasonable comments, and we'll consider
them as we go into IESG Evaluation.  (On comment 3, I'm just going to
make the necessary change myself, and remove the CREF, so it's moot.)

Barry

---

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 17:58:54 +0300

Hi Barry,

Thank you for the fast response and addressing the comments.

Have a nice day,

Ines.