Subject: [Last-Call] Intdir telechat review of draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress-02

From: Jouni Korhonen via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 15:17:05 -0700

Reviewer: Jouni Korhonen
Review result: Ready with Nits

I found the document ready for publication with one editorial nit.
The abstract doesn't mention that this document updates RFC6811, which it should.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 19:25:22 -0700

> The abstract doesn't mention that this document updates RFC6811, which

is that the convention now, even when the masthead and the intro says
it?

randy

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 12:01:45 +0000

Thank you Jouni for the review

-éric

-----Original Message-----
From: Int-dir <[email-masked]> on behalf of Jouni Korhonen via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday, 2 April 2020 at 00:17
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Int-dir] Intdir telechat review of draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress-02

    Reviewer: Jouni Korhonen

    _______________________________________________
    Int-dir mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-dir

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 10:24:14 -0700

warren informed me that fashions had changed, and indeed an 'updates'
goes in the abstract.  -03 will have

Abstract

   A BGP speaker may perform RPKI origin validation not only on routes
   received from BGP neighbors and routes that are redistributed from
   other routing protocols, but also on routes it sends to BGP
   neighbors.  For egress policy, it is important that the
   classification uses the effective origin AS of the processed route,
   which may specifically be altered by the commonly available knobs
   such as removing private ASs, confederation handling, and other
   modifications of the origin AS.  This document updates [RFC6811].

randy