Subject: Re: [Last-Call] [secdir] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider-14

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 13:33:12 -0700

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the review.  I agree that what's presented in the document is
pretty straightforward and without direct security issues, however, I chose
to try to broaden the scope of the document slightly, balloting Discuss to
suggest adding a requirement that (when writing new protocols) the ACKs
used as input for RTO algorithms be unspoofable from off-path (i.e., have
enough entropy to be unguessable).  That kind of scope expansion is
probably outside the scope (pun intended) of a typical secdir review,
though :)

Thanks,

Ben

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 05:54:56PM -0700, Liang Xia via Datatracker wrote:
> Reviewer: Liang Xia
> Review result: Ready
> 
> This document is good written, and no new security issues as it's a network
> mechanism requirements BCP document.
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> secdir mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdir
> wiki: http://tools.ietf.org/area/sec/trac/wiki/SecDirReview