Subject: [Last-Call] Yangdoctors last call review of draft-ietf-lsr-yang-isis-reverse-metric-01

From: Ladislav Lhotka via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 04:12:57 -0800

Reviewer: Ladislav Lhotka
Review result: Ready with Issues

**** General comments

- YANG module "ietf-isis-reverse-metric" is in a good shape except for
  one issue described below.
- I appreciate the three examples of instance data in appendices (two
  in XML representation, one in JSON).

**** Specific comments

- In three places, the module uses "when" expressions with plain
  string equality test applied to identityref values, such as:

     when "../rt:type = 'isis:isis'"

  This is known to be fragile, which can demonstrated on the JSON
  example in appendix A.3: It has

     "type": "ietf-isis:isis"

  which makes the "when" expression false because of the different
  prefix, and the corresponding augment doesn't happen.

  The above "when" expression should use the XPath function
  "derived-from-or-self" that is defined in RFC 7950:

     when "derived-from-or-self(../rt:type, 'isis:isis')"  
      
- The "tlv16-reverse-metric" grouping is used only once in the
  module. Unless it is expected to be used elsewhere, I would
  recommend to remove this grouping and use its contents directly.

- The phrase "YANG XML data" is somewhat misleading, although it is
  probably often used in informal discussions. I would suggest "XML
  instance data" instead.

**** Nits

- Abstract & Introduction: s/routeing/routing/

- Appending A.3: s/YANG XML data/JSON instance data/

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 13:11:41 +0000

Hi Lada, 
Thanks for your prompt and thorough review. 

Hi Chris, 
Please address the comments.
Thanks,
Acee

On 12/16/20, 7:13 AM, "Ladislav Lhotka via Datatracker" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    **** General comments

    **** Specific comments

         "type": "ietf-isis:isis"

    **** Nits

---

From: Christian Hopps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 13:37:00 -0500

> On Dec 16, 2020, at 7:12 AM, Ladislav Lhotka via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Will change.

>  recommend to remove this grouping and use its contents directly.

As this was describing TLV data I figured it might be useful to other modules that work with TLVs.

>  probably often used in informal discussions. I would suggest "XML

Updated.

> - Abstract & Introduction: s/routeing/routing/

I'm actually taking that from the standard which names the protocol. :)

> - Appending A.3: s/YANG XML data/JSON instance data/

Fixed.

Thanks,
Chris.

> 
> 
> 
> --
> last-call mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/last-call
>