Subject: [Last-Call] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-regext-unhandled-namespaces-07

From: Peter Yee via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 20:49:38 -0800

Reviewer: Peter Yee
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-regext-unhandled-namespaces-07
Reviewer: Peter Yee
Review Date: 2021-02-09
IETF LC End Date: 2021-02-09
IESG Telechat date: 2021-02-18

Summary: This EPP draft specifies a means to send information about unhandled
namespace (a service that the client or server isn't prepared to handle) by
means of reusing <extValue>. To the extent of my limited knowledge of EPP, this
draft is ready with nits.

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments:

General:

I'm not totally taken with the term "template" for XML examples that aren't
wholly templates. On the other hand, I'd like to think that any implementers of
EPP would recognize which parts were truly template-like and which parts are
borrowed from the various EPP RFCs for example.

A few of the XML examples do not indent the urn in the <reason> block. While
that shouldn't matter for the meaning or parsing, the indentation is done
inconsistently. If this was intentional (e.g., to prevent wrapping of long
lines), then leave it as is. While I don't think of the lines were longer than
allowed even if two spaces were inserted before "urn", the easier visual
parsing would be appreciated.

Specific:

Page 6, 1st paragraph following XML, 1st phrase: append "for an" after
"Template".

Page 6, 1st paragraph following second block of XML, 2nd sentence: insert "an"
before "example of".

Page 7, 1st phrase: change the period to a colon to be similar to RFC 5730's
style for examples.

Page 7, section 3.2, 1st paragraph, 2nd sentence: change "a" to "an" before
"[RFC5730] <extValue>".

Page 9, 1st phrase: change the period to a colon to be similar to RFC 5730's
style for examples.

Page 10, section 4, 1st sentence: insert "a" before "new". Insert "rather
specifies" before "an operational".  Or something similar.

Page 16, item 3, 1st sentence: consider deleting the comma after "EPP
responses".