Subject: [Last-Call] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-drip-reqs-12

From: Linda Dunbar via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2021 15:34:36 -0700

Reviewer: Linda Dunbar
Review result: Has Issues

Reviewer: Linda Dunbar
Review result: Has Issues

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area directors.
 Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other
  last call comments.

This document specifies the requirements for Drone Remote Identifiers. But it
doesn't specify any Authoritative agencies to manage the Remote IDs. Section
1.2 states that the Remote IDs are "Self-reports".  Does it mean anyone who
buys or deploys drones will follow the naming requirements specified by this
document? How to enforce?

Best Regards,
Linda Dunbar

---

From: "Stuart W. Card" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 11:23:46 -0400

Good catch: not that the issue has not been addressed, but that where 
(external to IETF) it has been addressed is neither cited nor explained 
in our requirements; those of us more involved in UAS know it was 
addressed elsewhere, so never thought even to mention it here, as we 
should. Thanks!

I previously sent the above reply to a narrower distribution, but just 
learned proper form in this context is to Reply to All.

-- 
-----------------------------------------
Stuart W. Card, PhD, Principal Engineer
AX Enterprize, LLC  www.axenterprize.com
4947 Commercial Drive, Yorkville NY 13495

---

From: "Card, Stu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 10:48:06 -0400

DRIP Requirements rev 13 has been posted.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drip-reqs/
Thanks for your review, which I hope this rev adequately reflects.