Subject: [Last-Call] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-16

From: Al Morton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2021 10:47:52 -0700

Reviewer: Al Morton
Review result: Ready

Since this review was requested with a very short deadline, it only allows for
a "surgical" response.

This draft obsoletes RFC 7234, and Appendix B lists the changes from RFC 7234. 
Assuming this list is complete and correct, all of the changes appear to
improve the situation from an operational perspective, so it's good to go.

Nit:   == Unused Reference: 'RFC7234' is defined on line 1766, but no explicit
reference was found in the text

Thanks to the authors for taking-up this work; several years and many revisions
were involved to reach this point.

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 09:23:02 +1000

Thanks for the review, Al.

> On 7 Jun 2021, at 3:47 am, Al Morton via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Reviewer: Al Morton
> Review result: Ready
> 

I believe it's there because it's mentioned in the context of obsoletion (both in the Abstract and Introduction).

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/