Subject: [Last-Call] Intdir last call review of draft-ietf-rift-applicability-06

From: Ralf Weber via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 17:19:18 -0700

Reviewer: Ralf Weber
Review result: Ready with Issues

Moin!

I am an assigned INT directorate reviewer for draft-ietf-rift-applicability.

These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the Internet Area
Directors. Document editors and shepherd(s) should treat these comments just
like they would treat comments from any other IETF contributors and resolve
them along with any other Last Call comments that have been received. For more
details on the INT Directorate, see
https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/intdir/about/

This document does a good job explaining when RIFT can be used and how it
should be used in certain scenarios. The examples, especially the operational
considerations are understandable and describe applicable cases. There is a
steep learinig curve though with a lot of field (Date Center architecture and
routing) specific acronnyms used which while at least name expanded and
somtimed document referenced require a lot of external reading for a non field
aware reader, to fully understand the document. If the addressees of this
document are technical experts in the field as the intro to section 3 suggest,
then this is fine, however if the audience is more general IETF audience some
more introductionary explanation of these architectures and terms instead of
referring to external documents would be benefical.

So long
-Ralf