Subject: [Last-Call] Artart telechat review of draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis-10

From: Valery Smyslov via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 01:24:01 -0700

Reviewer: Valery Smyslov
Review result: Ready

I am the assigned ART directorate reviewer for this document. These comments
were written primarily for the benefit of the ART area directors.  Document
editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call
comments.

The document describes the technique called DNS Query Name Minimisation, which
was originally defined in RFC 7816, and since then has been widely using in the
Internet to improve privacy. The goal of this document is to replace RFC 7816
(which has an Experimental status) with a Standards Track RFC, adding some
clarifications based on the  experience of using this technique in the Internet.

The DNS Query Name Minimisation doesn't change DNS protocol, it only defines
the way the resolver constructs DNS queries, so the interoperability is
preserved.

The document is well written and easy to read.

Nit: RFC 7626, referenced in the document, has been just obsoleted by RFC 9076.

---

From: Francesca Palombini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 16:26:48 +0000

Thanks Valery for your review! I balloted No objection (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis/ballot/ ).

Francesca

On 18/08/2021, 10:24, "art on behalf of Valery Smyslov via Datatracker" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Reviewer: Valery Smyslov
    Review result: Ready

    _______________________________________________
    art mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/art