Subject: [Last-Call] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-messaging-18

From: Marco Tiloca via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 04:31:45 -0700

Reviewer: Marco Tiloca
Review result: Ready with Nits

Thanks for this document! I have found it very well written and I believe it's
basically ready.

Please, see below some minor comments and nits.

Best,
/Marco

[Section 1.2]

* As to "absolute-path", it is more precise to point to Section 4.1 of [HTTP].

[Section 3]

* "HTTP does not place a predefined limit on the length of a request-line, as
described in Section 2 of [HTTP]"

   This can better point to Section 2.3 of [HTTP].

[Section 3.2]

* "A client MUST send a Host header field in all HTTP/1.1 request messages."

   This sentence can be expanded to point to Section 7.2 of [HTTP].

* "... excluding any userinfo subcomponent and its "@" delimiter ..."

   This should point to Section 4.2.4 of [HTTP].

[Section 3.3]

* "Alternatively, it might be better to redirect the request to a safe resource
that explains how to obtain a new client."

   Is "client" actually the intended word here? Or is it about using
   redirection to explain the client how to obtain something else (e.g. a
   proper authority component for a follow-up request) ?

[Section 7.1.2]

* I believe it's better for the reader if the last paragraph is split into 2 or
3 sentences :-)

[Section 9.8]

* "When encountering an incomplete close, a client SHOULD treat as completed
all requests for which it has received ..."

   Shouldn't this be about received responses? Or does it refer to the
   completion of the exchanges started by the mentioned requests?

[Appendix A]

* The first paragraph can better point to Section 5.6.1 of [HTTP].

* The reference for "absolute-path" should be Section 4.1 of [HTTP].

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 10:41:02 +0200

Am 04.09.2021 um 13:31 schrieb Marco Tiloca via Datatracker:
> ...

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the review. See:

	https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/966

Happy to continue the discussion here or over there.

Best regards, Julian