Subject: [Last-Call] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-extra-quota-06

From: Shawn Emery via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 19:32:42 -0700

Reviewer: Shawn Emery
Review result: Has Nits

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area directors.
Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other
last call comments.

This draft specifies an extension to the IMAP protocol that allows querying and
administrative functions related to resource limits and utilization. 

The security considerations section does exist and describes that the extension
must adhere to the local security policies.   It continues to state that user's resource
usage could also be considered sensitive information.  I don't believe that this draft
adds additional security concerns from the proposed to be obsoleted RFC, 2087.
These updates define two additional resource types (ANNOTATION-STORAGE and
MAILBOX), a response code, and two data items.

General comments:

None.

Editorial comments:

s/a couple of extension/an extension/
s/mupltiple/multiple/
s/   Name of the quota resource type:\n/   Name of the quota resource type: ANNOTATION-STORAGE\n/
s/registrations for 3/registrations for 4/
s/clarify meaning/clarify the meaning/

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 18:19:09 +0100

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for your review.

> s/clarify meaning/clarify the meaning/

I've fixed the editorial comments that you provided.

Best Regards,

Alexey