Subject: [Last-Call] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-acme-dtnnodeid-07

From: Linda Dunbar via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 13:30:49 -0800

Reviewer: Linda Dunbar
Review result: Not Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the Ops area directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the Ops area directors.
Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other
last call comments.

This document specifies an extension to ACME protocol which allows an ACME
server to validate the Delay-Tolerant Networking Node ID for an ACME client.

Issues:

The document didn't describe how the Node ID described in this document is
related to the Delay Tolerant Network. I see the mechanism can be equally used
in any network. What are the specifics related to the "Delay Tolerant Network"?
It would be helpful if the document adds a paragraph explaining the specific
characteristics of the Delay-Tolerant Network that require the additional
parameters/types used for validating the Node-ID for an ACME client.

Thank you,

Linda Dunbar