Subject: [Last-Call] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-anima-asa-guidelines-04

From: Menachem Dodge via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 00:14:47 -0800

Reviewer: Menachem Dodge
Review result: Ready

 I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of
the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

The document is intended as an informational document and proposes guidelines
for the design of Autonomic Service Agents for autonomic networks. The document
refers to a number of other documents such as RFC 8990, RFC 8993 and RFC 8994.
Unfortunately, I did not have to time to read these additional documents.

The document is written well and is very readable. It seems to be very thorough
and well structured. I believe that a diagram would be beneficial in the
introduction section to help the understanding of the reader.

There is a note at the beginning of section 6.3 which I was not sure if it is
intended to remain in the published document: "Note: This section is to be
further developed in future revisions of the document, especially the
implications on the design of ASAs."

Section 11 "Security Considerations" section has been well written.

Other than that I have no further issues with the document.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 08:42:05 +1300

Thanks Menachem.

There are several diagrams in the IPJ article that we cited. We will think about whether a version of one of them would help, or whether the reference is sufficient.

The "Note: This section is to be further developed..." will be removed. Somehow we missed that during WGLC.

Regards
    Brian Carpenter