Subject: [Last-Call] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-07

From: Joseph Touch via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 08:23:29 -0800

Reviewer: Joseph Touch
Review result: Ready with Nits

This document has been reviewed as part of the transport area review team's
ongoing effort to review key IETF documents. These comments were written
primarily for the transport area directors, but are copied to the document's
authors and WG to allow them to address any issues raised and also to the IETF
discussion list for information.

When done at the time of IETF Last Call, the authors should consider this
review as part of the last-call comments they receive. Please always CC
[email-masked] if you reply to or forward this review.

The only transport issue in this document involves the need to generate ICMP
messages using IPv4 source addresses based on the offending IPv4 datagram, over
interfaces intended to forward using IPv6 addresses. This is sufficiently
covered in Section 3.

There are two minor nits:

- Section 3 refers to RFC7600 Section 22; it should refer to R-22 (the
requirement number) in Section 4.8 of that RFC. - the word "since" throughout
the doc (5 instances) may be more accurately expressed as "because" (indicating
a logical consequence, rather than temporal precedence)

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 20:34:57 -0500

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your review.

Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 17:41:05 +0100

Thanks for your review.

> requirement number) in Section 4.8 of that RFC.

Fixed, thanks.

> - the word "since" throughout the doc (5 instances) may be more
> accurately expressed as "because" (indicating a logical consequence,
> rather than temporal precedence)

You're technically right; however, since such abuse is fairly standard,
I shall keep it as it is.

-- Juliusz