Subject: [Last-Call] Secdir telechat review of draft-ietf-calext-ical-relations-09

From: Catherine Meadows via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 09:18:25 -0800

Reviewer: Catherine Meadows
Review result: Has Nits

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

The summary of the review is Ready with nits.

This draft describes an update of the iCalendar RELATED-TO property,
introducing new properties LINK, CONCEPT, and REFID. In particular, RELATED-TO
only allowed the value type TEXT.  Depending on the property draft extends the
allowed value types to include URI and UID, and REFERENCE, where REFERENCE is a
URI with a pointer to a fragment of XML code.
 The Security Considerations Section correctly points out that the security
 impact of the new/expanded  properties  is in the new data types URI and
 REFERENCE they can return, and the fact that they may point to external
 sources which may vanish or be replaced. This is supplemented with reference
 to the security considerations in the appropriate RFC’s.

My only  concern with the previous draft was that the risks of values of type
REFERENCE were  not addressed.  This has now been taken care of.

Nits:  In the definition of REFERENCE, “it's use as an anchor” should be “its
use as an anchor”.

---

From: Michael Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 17:03:07 -0500

> Nits:  In the definition of REFERENCE, “it's use as an anchor” should be “its
Thank you - fixed.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> calsify mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify