Subject: [Last-Call] Opsdir telechat review of draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-13

From: Sheng Jiang via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 18:32:41 -0700

Reviewer: Sheng Jiang
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These comments
were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of the IETF
drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included in AD
reviews during the IESG review. Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

I have reviewed this document -12 version on February and give READY comments.
I am not sure why this document still re-assigned to me again. I did review the
diff, it is fine, too.

Document: draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-13
Reviewer: Sheng Jiang
Review Date: 2022-04-06

Document: draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-12
Reviewer: Sheng Jiang
Review Date: 2022-02-09

This experimental document specifies a new mechanims to in-boundly discover the
minimum Path MTU along the forward path between a source host to a destination
host with a newly defined IPv6 Hop-by-Hop option that is used to record .  The
document is well-writen and reader-friendly. It clearly defines the behaviours
on each devices with different roles. This document also have a special section
9 to explain the "experiment goals" of this specification.

However, personally, I still not fully understand why this document are
intending for "experimental" and what would be the experiment range. It seems
for me this mechanism are good enough to be a proposed standard to persuade
people use it widely. If by deploying it, issues are found or refining are
needed. We can always update it as normal IETF procedure.

Summary: Ready

Major Concerns:

None.

Minor Concerns:

None.

Regards,

Sheng