Subject: [Last-Call] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex-05

From: Linda Dunbar via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 11:18:31 -0700

Reviewer: Linda Dunbar
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex-05
Reviewer: Linda Dunbar
Review Date: 2022-04-05
IETF LC End Date: 2022-04-05
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary:
This document specifies a new mechanism that completely encrypts header
extensions and CSRCs for RTP.

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments:

a couple of questions:
- Section 4: this document defines a new "a=cryptex" Session Description
Protocol (SDP) [RFC4566] attribute to indicate support. Then the next sentence
states that "This attribute takes no value".  Why "no value"?  The first
statement already says a new "a=cryptex" attribute.  It is confusing.

-  Section 6.3:  what does "region" mean in the statement?   "The decryption
procedure is identical to that of [RFC3711] except for the region to decrypt" 
Do you mean the "header" to be encrypted by the scheme described in this
document?

Thank you,
Linda Dunbar