Subject: RFC 2253 - questions

From: Christopher Oliva <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:48:16 -0500

Two questions:

1) what's the latest on the "published table" of attribute names? The last
suggestion was that a clause would be added to allow deployments to specify
attribute names other than the 9 listed in the spec. 

2) can a statement be added about whether attribute names must be upper or
lower case? Some people are reading the spec and coming to the conclusion
that the attribute names must be in upper case.

Chris.

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 08:55:59 -0800

At 11:48 AM 2/23/01 -0500, Christopher Oliva wrote:
>1) what's the latest on the "published table" of attribute names? The last suggestion was that a clause would be added to allow deployments to specify attribute names other than the 9 listed in the spec. 

That's the latest.  I have some additional thoughts on this issue
and will post shortly.

>2) can a statement be added about whether attribute names must be upper or lower case? Some people are reading the spec and coming to the conclusion that the attribute names must be in upper case.

I have suggested adding a sentence indicating the attribute
type names are case insensitive.  As there was no objection,
such will appear in the next revision of the I-D.