Subject: A question

From: Xiaowei Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 21:46:01 -0400

Hi,

Can someone explain to me how LDAP is deployed in real life, or point
to me to the related literatures? Specifically, is it widely used by
organizations? What kind of information is typically stored in the
directory? Is it majorly used as a white page service for finding
contact information or there is other usage of it?

	Thanks,
	--Xiaowei

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:58:00 -0700

>contact information or there is other usage of it?

Please note that this is for discussing issues related to revision
of the LDAPv3 technical specification.  I suggest that you search
Internet directory sites, such as Yahoo! for "LDAP" or direct your
question to <[email-masked]> general LDAP mailing list.

Regards, Kurt