Subject: X.509 attribute types missing EQUALITY rules in RFC 2256

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:14:28 -0700

In regards to userCertificate and other certificate-related
attribute types, I note that the LDAP descriptions are not
consistent with the X.509 descriptions as the EQUALITY
matching rules, namely certificateExactMatch, are missing.

While we cannot add new matching rules (or other "new features")
to the specification as these would be "new features", we can
and probably should note these schema elements:
	1) differ from their X.509 descriptions and
	2) may be updated by a future specification to include
	   appropriate matching rules.

Kurt

---

From: Kathy Dally <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:59:08 -0400

Hi Kurt!

This proposal works for me.  Should it be noted that servers may support
the matching rules, such as certificateExactMatch, that are part of the
X.500 definition and clients may apply those matching rules using
filters?

Thanks,
Kathy