Subject: matching rules for Facsimile Telephone Number

From: Norbert Klasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 00:12:03 +0100

Hi,
the ITU has issued a Technical Corrigendum to X.520 which adds the missing
equality and substrings matching rules to the Facsimile Telephone Number
attribute:
http://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-t/rec/x/T-REC-X.520-200204-I!Cor1!PDF-E.pdf

The revised RFC2256 (draft-ietf-ldapbis-user-shema) should be changed 
accordingly.

BTW: Is the commonly used short name "fax" defined anywhere?

Norbert

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 08:26:57 -0800

I note that the corrigendum changes the 4th edition of X.520
and hence is not directly applicable to LDAP.  We've clarified
X.500 in "MUST act in accordance with X.500" to refer to the
2nd edition of X.500.

The corrigendum not only alters the 'facsimile' attribute type
description, but introduces two new matching rules.

It is my opinion (as co-chair) that the LDAPbis cannot take
on work in this area as our charter states that non-"core"
schema is beyond our scope.

Kurt

At 03:12 PM 2/18/2003, Norbert Klasen wrote:
>The revised RFC2256 (draft-ietf-ldapbis-user-shema) should be changed accordingly.
>